Book Bears is a new monthly children’s book subscription service that focuses solely on picture books. Each month, our subscribers receive one hardcover picture book and related materials. At Book Bears, we concentrate on the joy of story. We’re on a mission to create lifelong readers by showing little bears that reading is fun.
Choose the age range of books you'd like your child to receive, then pick your payment terms. Shipping and handling is included in the price, and the monthly cost is always less than the publisher’s retail price of the book. Your child will begin to receive one picture book each month, delivered right to your home. We bill on the 15th of every month, and books are mailed out mid-month. Our subscriptions renew automatically, and you can cancel or pause your subscription at any time. For each new subscriber, we donate one book to a child in need.
In the package, you'll find:
- One picture book, hand-picked for your little bear by a seasoned children's book editor
- A Share the Love of Stories card, which includes reading tips for parents as well as reading questions and an activity that relate to the monthly book selection (we keep these simple and fun!)
- A monthly reading certificate/coloring page that helps your little bear keep track of the book he or she is reading each month (great for building confidence, learning the months of the year, and helping to develop fine motor skills)
These subscriptions work the same as our regular subscriptions, but with two big changes:
- You can include a gift message for the recipient
- At checkout, you can choose whether or not you want the subscription to automatically renew.
At Book Bears we focus solely on picture books. Since picture books have wide age ranges, we've split them into two categories: books for ages 2-5 (less words, younger concepts and themes) and books for ages 5-8 (higher word count, older themes and concepts). Choose the range that you feel is best for your child.
We have more than a decade of experience editing children’s books and use our deep knowledge of the market to make our selections. We look for a diversity of stories and perspectives and a wide range of art styles. We choose books that speak to the childhood experience, have literary merit, and most of all, are fun to read so you can sit back and enjoy story time. Book Bears Read!
We do not choose titles based on gender. We focus on books that we think all children - and their parents! - will enjoy reading together.
Simply email us at [email protected], and we’ll help you out.
Log in to your account and click the button to “edit” your subscription. Modify the terms and click “change,” or cancel the subscription. When the subscription renews, it will renew with the changed properties. You can reactivate your subscription at any time by logging into your account. For any problems or questions, email us at [email protected].